Hi everyone, CEO Olivia here. Usually on Fridays I bark out artwork but today I have something urgent I need to share with you. My huMom sits as the Communications Director of the Wally Foundation ~ Canine Epilepsy. She was contacted through the Foundation by a woman who lost her canine Epi Warrior because her medication contained xylitol. Ingesting even a small amount of xylitol can be fatal to a dog.
How did this happen? The Pharmacy dispensed medication for a human unaware that the medication was actually for a canine. The medication was sweetened with xylitol. By the time this was sorted out, it was too late.
It is very important when filling a prescription that the Pharmacy is aware the medication is for an animal not a human. Otherwise a tragedy like this might happen again. Never hesitate to talk to your pharmacist & ask questions. They are there to help.
For more on Managing Your Meds
Keep your nose up for our upcoming blog post that digs more into managing our good dogs medications.
CEO Olivia ❤
Reminder – November is Epilepsy Awareness Month. This year I’m asking all my fellow Epilepsy Warriors & wagnificent supporters to help me raise Canine Epilepsy awareness globally. Here’s what I want you to do. Get your human to take your picture with a sign showing your “Bark Out” or motto against this horrible disease. Then send it to me by messaging my Facebook page, “Oh, the Life of Olivia“.
Once November arrives I will begin posting the pictures I’ve received. Let’s show the world how strong the Canine Epilepsy Community is.