Have you ever considered donating to an animal shelter? That’s wonderful. But what to donate? What do shelters need? I did some sniffing about & found what they need most often.
- Blankets & towels – they go through a lot. Comforters not so much because the stuffing could become an issue if a dog shredded & ate some.
- Food – again, they go through a lot of food.
- Toys – There is a lot of down time at a shelter. A toy can turn a boring day into play time for a dog or cat.
- Money – the daily operations at a shelter can be costly. A cash donation of any size can be of help.
- Time – volunteers are always welcome. Dogs need to be walked & cats need play time.
- Litter – Again, a shelter can go through a lot of litter quickly.
I’m very glad there are shelters & rescues run by compassionate humans, but it’s also sad that they are needed in the first place. Do your part to help by donating.
CEO Olivia ❤