Hello everyone, CEO Olivia here. It’s the holiday season & that means it’s a time of gift giving.
I know you humans are scurrying about like squirrels buying gifts for your loved ones but I would like you to add one more item to your list. Have you ever considered donating to an animal shelter or rescue group at this time of year? I think that would be a wooftastic thing to do. I did some sniffing about & found what they need most often.
- Blankets & towels – they go through a lot. Comforters not so much because the stuffing could become an issue if a dog shredded & ate some.
- Food – again, they go through a lot of food.
- Toys – There is a lot of down time at a shelter. A toy can turn a boring day into play time for a good dog or cat.
- Money – the daily operations at a shelter can be costly. A cash donation of any size can be of help.
- Time – volunteers are always welcome. Dogs need to be walked & cats need play time. Who knows, you might make a new best furriend.
- Cat Litter – Again, a shelter can go through a lot of litter quickly.
Consider also groups like the Freedom Drivers. They transport animals out of high kill shelters to new homes or no kill shelters. Sometimes this requires several drivers covering great distances. They can always use your help either financially or you could volunteer as a driver.
I know you get a good feeling inside knowing you’ve helped a good dog or cat have a better life. Kindness & compassion are the best gifts of all. All of us here at Knotty Toys for Good Dogs wish you & your loved ones a very happy & safe holiday season.
CEO Olivia ❤